2.25.2014

elements :: fracture

While searching for a new, modern way to display art in an office space, I discovered "Fracture". Actually I had seen a tv commercial several months ago, but at the time, just kind of filed it away in my mind. I thought the concept was pretty cool but wondered if it would be a little too plain. Only one way to find out...
I started with an image I had taken with my Canon EOS rebel T4i
The Fractureme.com website is user friendly, pricing is very affordable and the upload process couldn't be simpler. Plus for orders over $100 they offer free shipping. I ordered the "extra large" (21.6" x 28.8") for $125 +tax. 
A few easy steps and about 10 days later, my first "fracture" was delivered to my door. 
I have to say that I was a little skeptical that a sheet of glass would make its journey to me completely intact... but the folks at Fracture have a clever packaging method. 
The glass panel is mounted on black foam core which acts as a spacer from the wall when hung. It's then mounted to a cardboard backing for stability in transit. On the inside of the box, there are vertical cardboard supports that basically float the glass in the center of the box. 
The foam core is pre-cut, so that when you unpack your Fracture, you just pop it off of the backing. 
They've installed a grommet in the foam backing making the whole installation very low profile and sleek. They even send along a self-anchoring screw which worked just fine for my installation into sheetrock. 
Simple! And yes, the effect is pretty austere, but that worked well for me in this space...which as you can see, is the break room.
I love the way the clean lines complement the industrial cart. I'll definitely be ordering more of these for future projects. I can envision them in a grouping for a new spin on a gallery wall or even mounted on rustic wooden or linen covered panels for a more dimensional installation. 




SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Lemongrass Interiors | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template made by pipdig