2.11.2014

inspired :: happiness

Every once in a while a song comes along that instantly puts you in a good mood and you really don't mind that it gets stuck in your head. Pharrell Williams' Happy does that for me. When it comes on the radio, I'm dancing in the driver's seat (yes I'm the silly one at the stop light singing dashboard karoke).

Inspired by the contagious liveliness of the song, I started thinking of how I'd design a room filled with this same joie de vivre. Just last week, I tweeted this new print from Quadrille

This design, called Sigourney, comes in several bright colors but the yellow is my favorite -- like injecting sunshine directly into your space. I'd use it on an accent wall, with all other walls freshly painted in Benjamin Moore's Super White. 
Then, while scanning my favorite sofa source, I came upon this adorable apartment size sofa from Lee Industries. Wow! Lee definitely isn't just slipcovers anymore!
1759-11 Apartment Sofa in Farrow Midnight Blue with Antique Brass Frame :: Call for Pricing
I love the shade and texture of this upholstery and the design of this piece is excellent. The combination of the modern shape and legs with the traditional tufting is spot on. I'd love a pair of these cozy armchairs from Dot & Bo.
Baby Blue Modern Chair $999 each :: Dot & Bo
These polished white cubes from CB2 are so versatile. I'd place a pair of these in lieu of a coffee table.
City Slicker White Side Table $199 each :: CB2

Between the armchairs, I think these nesting tables (also from CB2) are fabulous and such a great value.
Peekaboo Clear Nesting Tables $199 set of three :: CB2
I found this floor lamp designed by Jielde that has tons of personality and comes in 17 colors and 2 metal finishes.
Signal Zig-Zag Floor Lamp by Jielde in Mustard $595 :: Horne
When sourcing accessories, I look everywhere and prefer a mix of high and low. From a $5 find at Ikea to a (not too expensive) $100 splurge from Thomas Paul, I'd go for a fun mix of prints.

Skarum Cushion Cover $5 :: Ikea

A Friend for Ponyo Pillow Cover $30 :: Dot & Bo

Flamingo Pillow Cover with Down Insert $100 :: Thomas Paul
Finding fun rugs was well, fun! I couldn't really decide on one. I love the crisp pattern of this zebra rug from West Elm.
Safari Wool Rug in True Blue 8X10 $749 :: West Elm
I also loved the bold pattern of this Beth Lacefield rug I spotted on Wayfair.

Alameda Rug 8X11 $1085 :: Wayfair
From here, you can have a ball adding in bright accessories and fresh flowers in colors that make you smile. As for me, I've officially adopted "Happy" as THE song for 2014!

SHARE:

1 comment:

© Lemongrass Interiors | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template made by pipdig